We think we have the specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS 7D Mark II, we’re trying to authenticate things down to the CR3 level. We have been incorrect about previous features of the camera. For one, the top plate is not an “EOS-1 Style”, and the camera does not shoot 12fps. The sensor does have new technology, but it is not multi-layer, which is what we originally reported, but got thrown off by patents showing layered sensors.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Specifications
- Kit lenses: 18-135 IS STM and 15-85 IS (no STM)
- CF, UDMA mode 7 + SD, UHS-I
- GPS is in the camera
- No WiFi
- Fixed LCD, with no touch function.
- 20.2MP APS-C Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC 6 Processors
- 65 AF points “All Cross-type”. Dual cross on the center point.
- f/8 on center point at least, could be on more points.
- ISO 100-12800, ISO Boost mode 25600 and 51200
- 1080p/720p both get 60fps
- Servo AF for video shooting.
- Anti-flicker mode, eliminates flickers under flickering lights (e.g. fluorescent lamps).
- Spot metering size 1.8%
- Built-in flash
- Mic and headphones connectors
- Can sync time between 7D II cameras.
- Lens electronic MF
- About 100% coverage OVF
- New Battery – LP-E6N